ABOUT NADIA QAZI SCHOLARSHIP
In honor of our sister, Nadia Qazi, we have created this fund to continue her tremendous love of education and philanthropy.
The Nadia Qazi Scholarship Fund was established in 2021 and will fulfill the dreams of countless young individuals, who, like her, want to pursue higher education and make the world a better place. The scholarship is open to all who qualify.
Annually, several scholarship awards are available. These awards are intended to support individuals in their pursuit of higher education and in the fulfillment of public-service missions.
- $5,000 exclusively for young women.
- $500 open to all students, irrespective of gender.
- $1,000 open to all students of the College of Dupage.
- Recipient must be 18 years or older
- Recipient must be attending or accepted into an accredited college program within the United States, and must be able to show proof of the same. If an application is pending financial approval or the recipient is unable to apply because of financial constraints, please state as such and you will still be considered.
- Recipient must be a young student dedicated to attending college and have demonstrated a zest for knowledge, passion for community service and an avid interest in helping others.
- Recipient should submit 3 letters of recommendation, a detailed cover letter explaining their financial need and any personal struggles and outlining their short and long-term goals.
- Recipient must also answer the following questions in 2-4 paragraphs each:
- What personal struggles have you faced that have challenged your pursuit of higher education and how have you overcome them?
- What community service projects have you participated in the past and how have they changed your perspective and your life purpose?
- If given the opportunity and unlimited resources to do so, what community or societal problem would you address and solve? Do not give general examples of homelessness and poverty but specific issues that can be tackled such as illiteracy among a population or health care concerns, education gaps within a school system etc.
- Nadia Qazi dedicated her life to bridging the gaps of miscommunications between people of different faiths and backgrounds; what personal story can you share in which you have encountered bias or have solved a dispute?
- How can a scholarship through the Nadia Qazi Fund help you to achieve your goals and allow you to serve others in the process?
- Confirm you are eligible for the Nadia Qazi Scholarship by reviewing the eligibility criteria in the Criteria tab.
- Email us at [email protected] with the subject “Application for Nadia Qazi Scholarship”. All requirements should be attached along with the following information:
– Full Name
– Mailing Address
– College Name and Address
- All requirements must be submitted by October 31, 2023. We encourage you to reach out to your recommenders as early as possible to ensure timely submission.
- Await notification for the next steps. Selected applicants will advance to the interview stage of the selection process.
ABOUT NADIA QAZI
In her short but meaningful life, she loved children and developed educational initiatives for local elementary schools. She fostered interfaith cooperation and community dialogue while promoting civic engagement within society. Nadia believed fervently in the inherent goodness of people. She was the embodiment of love and kindness, and always treated every person with tremendous dignity and graciousness. Her life’s dream was to inspire all children to achieve their highest potential. Nadia’s impact cannot be quantified.
We are honored to introduce you to the first recipient of The Nadia Qazi Scholarship.
Adalyce is absolutely incredible. Her infectious enthusiasm and kindness remind us so much of our sister, Nadia Qazi. Adalyce was raised by a single mother and then placed in the foster care system. She has faced unmentionable obstacles, and yet, she has chosen to focus on mindfulness, community service and positivity. She hopes to pursue a career in medicine. She is a ray of sunshine, much like Nadia was.
Congratulations Adalyce! We can’t wait to see what you accomplish.
Thank you to all who have donated and supported this grand effort.
– Qazi Family Foundation –